Thursday, December 22, 2011

Touch of Power


Title: Touch of Power (Healer #1)



Publication: December 20, 2011 (Paperback)
Pages: 394
Publisher: Mira Books (imprint of Harlequin)
Rating: 5 stars
Review Copy: Netgalley





About the book:







Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan absorbs their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Fifteen Realms, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life….



My Review: 
I loved reading this book!   It reminded me how much I love fantasy!  The description filled my mind with images and brought this story to life!  It was never slow or stagnate, I was drawn in from the beginning and lasted until the end. 

The charters are amazing and all special in their own way. I am so glad that this book is a planed series! I can't wait for the next one. 











Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Detection Software



2 comments:

This sounds really good! Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas everyone,
The plot reminds me of a movie but I can't remember witch one...but it's sounds great.

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More