Thursday, July 21, 2011

Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine

Paperback, 248 pages
Published October 3rd 2006 by NAL Jam

ISBN
0451219945 (ISBN13: 9780451219947)
primary language
English
original title
Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
setting
United States



Synopses:  Claire Danvers is a genus. She is a college freshman and she is 16. She was accepted to places like MIT but her parents thought she was too young to go that far from home. So they sent her to TPU in Morganville, Texas just a few hours from them. They had no way of knowing this quiet little town was not all it seemed to be. At the beginning we find Claire is having trouble with someone in her dorm. She makes the snappy decision to leave the dorm and live off campus. She stumbles upon The Glass house where she meets three friends. Michael Glass, Handsome, sweet musician, Shane Collins, Brooding trouble finder and Eve Rossier, A beautiful goth with a sassy mouth and kind heart. As Claire discovered just what is going on in Morganville she begins to rely more and more on her new friends to make it through life in this small town full of secrets.


My Thoughts: I love YA books and I love a book series. I was excited about this book. (Now that I have read book 1-8 I will try to leave my impressions of the characters in later books out of this one.)  This was a quick read and I really enjoyed the characters. I instantly loved Eve. Her Sass, her look, her smart mouth. The main character was Claire and right at the start I asked what else can happen to this poor child. As I said this is Teen/YA and the main characters are young. 16-18 year olds but it was not too angsty or over the top. It was a great start to a series. There were many characters introduced in this one that I could not wait to find more about. (Oliver, Amelie, Sam) The author has some great characters in this series. 


I gave this one a 4 out of 5.


As I stated I have read 1-8, they were all pretty quick reads, so I will be posting the reviews of those over the course of the next few weeks. 


I was so lucky to be approached by Seventh Star Press to review a few of their books. If you remember back to my first review I reviewed a Stephen Zimmer book. His book is a Seventh Star Press book and they asked me to review a couple of their titles. I am currently reading Redheart by Jackie Gamber and should have that review up soon. I was also given the chance to review some titles from Kensington Press. This has been an amazing experience getting to read (which I love) and sharing my thoughts with everyone. Thanks for the opportunity to share this with you all.

7 comments:

Hi, JustHi, Just visiting from the Alexa Blog Hop...
~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom visiting from the Alexa Blog Hop...
~JamieS@ Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom

Aloha!!! New follower here via the Blog Hop... Hope you're having a great week!!! :) - http://www.OliviaBlueMusic.com/

Hello. I found you on the Pink dandy blog hop. Please swing by and follow back.
http://pawsitiveliving.ca
Thank you.

Hi there,

I`m a new GFC & Facebook follower from the Say Hi Sunday hop.

Please check out my blog at
http://babygiveawaysgalore.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

HI- New follower from the Sunday blog hop- Please come by and follow back. Love the review.

Hi, new followed from Totally Tuesday Blog Hop. Looks like a great blog, can't wait to explore more.

I'm a new follower from Wobble Over Wednesday. I'd love for you to stop by and follow back.

Donna
Pot of Gold Giveaways

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More