Monday, June 20, 2011

Chasing Superwoman Review


I recently recieved a review copy of Chasing Superwoman by Susan M DiMickele. This is an extremely honest, lighthearted, very transaparent look into a Working Mom's life. Susan DiMickele has been a trial lawyer for 14 years and mother for eight of those years.

In this book, Susan gives us a glance into her life as a full time, very busy partner in a law firm and mom of three children under the age of 8.

Being a Mom is the most rewarding job on earth. It is a full time, very intensive investment. However, for many women, being a Mom is not the only full time job they work. Some Moms work outside the home full time, some part time, some work at home, and some juggle multiple job. Sometimes Moms choose to work and pursue a demanding career because it is personally fulfilling and they love it; other Moms have no choice - they just need a paycheck.

No matter where you fit into the working mom model, all Moms feel a constant struggle to balance time with husband, children, friends, and still give their full attention to their profession.

As I read this book, I found myself laughing as I related to Susan juggling a client call on her cell phone while listening to kids stories, filling juice cups and starting a load of laundry. I heard the frustration in her voice as she returned a work related business call on the road when the cell phone service is coming in and out and they're almost to their play date location.

Susan doesn't have all the answers in this book. In fact, she asks more questions than she really offers solutions. Susan is a Christian who struggles to find a way to live her faith in a demanding profession. She struggles with the same doubts and fears that many Moms have: Are her children and husband are getting the time and attention they need? Is she modeling the life, work ethic and balance she wants her kids to learn?

This is a great read for all Moms. Thanks Susan for letting me read this book and offer 2 signed books to my readers.

You may buy Chasing Superwomanfrom Amazon.

_______________________________________

To enter this giveaway, go to Real Life Deals and follow the instructions

Giveaway Ends June 27, 8 PM EST.

3 comments:

Very good review and great book!
I think all Mom have to face this.
Loving your blog and following you!
Follow back please!
Have a super Monday!
http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

I'm the co-host of the "I love my online friends" hop and I dropped by to say hello! I follow you and I hope you can stop by Weidknecht.blogspot.com. I'm having a massive giveaway party right now because I just reached 1000 GFC followers! ~Lisa

hi! i like to hear about good books! new follower from blog hop
http://melblackwell.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More